The UNSW COVID-19 Case Notification Form allows us to respond to a case on campus quickly and effectively, to help prevent a wider outbreak and protect our community. We encourage all students and staff who test positive to COVID-19 to notify the University using this form.
Who should use this form
You can use this form if you are a:
- Student or staff member to report that you have tested positive to COVID-19
- Staff member to report a positive COVID-19 case that has been officially reported to you
- Student or staff member who has been given permission by another person to report that person’s positive COVID-19 case.
When to use this form
You can use this form when someone:
- has tested positive for COVID-19 and has been on UNSW property or at a UNSW run event during a time when they may have been infectious. This is currently from 48 hours prior to symptoms presenting.
- has tested positive for COVID-19 and may not have been on UNSW property but requires support and/or advice.
- has not yet received results of a COVID-19 test but has strong reason(s) to believe they may have contracted the COVID -19 virus. Reasons could include: they have developed symptoms and live with someone who has tested positive; they have been advised by NSW health to isolate and monitor for symptoms and have developed symptoms during this period.
- has any symptoms/or reason to believe they may have COVID-19 and lives in a student accommodation facility or crowded shared accommodation off campus.
You are not required to report your circumstances but are encouraged to if it may have led to infection on campus.
If you are submitting this form on behalf of another person and do not have complete details, you should submit the information provided and we will follow up as required.
If you are not sure if a case has already been reported please submit a new case and we will match the records.
If you are in any doubt please submit a report.