Travel & Fieldwork

Overseas travel

UNSW follows Australian Government advice on overseas travel which is on the smartraveller website.

Currently international travel on official UNSW business, representation or research is not allowed.

It is not anticipated that UNSW will allow staff, researchers or students to travel overseas on official business, representation or research for the remainder of 2021.

For the most up to date information on UNSW overseas travel visit MyTravel@UNSW.

Domestic Travel

Domestic travel is allowed in limited circumstances. Please ensure you have sought pre-approval from your line manager before booking travel.  A cautious approach should be taken if deciding to travel for work. It should be necessary and reasonable and in line with specific work requirements.

It must also comply with current Federal and State/Territory (for NSW residents) or ACT (for ACT residents) travel guidelines.

For further advice on UNSW domestic travel visit MyTravel@UNSW and read the UNSW Travel Policy.



Fieldwork will require a specific plan to be developed and approved. Please consult your Teacher or Supervisor in the first instance.


Next page: Training, Compliance & Security Guidance

Frequently Asked Questions