Training & Compliance - Students, Staff & External Workers
Compliance with health and physical distancing measures is everyone’s responsibility.
Prior to coming back onto campus:
- Students are required to acknowledge and agree to the behaviours outlined in our Safe Return to Campus Student Health and Safety Agreement – failure to comply may be considered a breach of the UNSW Student Code of Conduct.
- Staff are required to complete our Safe Return to Campus training module.
- External contractors, workers and visitors are also required to complete our Safe Return to Campus training module and can access the link here.
Students and staff should also read the Safe Return to Campus pages and guide on this website in full and when on campus, comply with the guidance.
Concerns over lack of compliance on campus
We are confident that students and staff across UNSW will support the measures in place to look after your health and the health of our community. If you have any concerns about lack of compliance by others:
- Students can discuss concerns with the Nucleus Student Hub, your teacher or supervisor
- Staff can discuss concerns with your manager, HR Business Partner or escalate to your Local Recovery Team.
Security on Campus
Security (at UNSW Canberra this will be the Essential Services Support Team - ESST) will monitor whether students and staff across campuses are following the physical distancing and health guidelines. They will have authority to record and report anyone who fails to respond to instructions and guidance provided and refer matters to senior leaders and/or relevant disciplinary units.
If we need to lock down areas
In the event of a positive COVID-19 case being notified, we will assist the NSW Public Health unit in notifying possible contacts. This may also involve asking students and staff to self-quarantine and leave a work or study area to allow for proper cleaning etc.
Local Recovery Teams
We appreciate that we are asking you to take a range of measures to help us prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect the UNSW community. We have assembled Local Recovery Teams across campus to support staff and to ensure that our planned actions are implemented effectively.
These teams are responsible for implementing the guidelines set by UNSW’s Management Board and Senior Leadership Team. They are also responsible for escalating issues that cannot be resolved locally.
Faculty Health and Safety Business Partners are available to provide advice to Local Recovery Teams.